We are Lucena Research
We provide impactful quantitative research for the Financial Industry
What makes Lucena unique?
We are a group of technologists who believe deep learning is transformational.
Our team represents a unique combination of academia and business acumen.
We thrive on collaborating to solve challenging problems with cross discipline experts in quantitative finance, data science and software development.
Here is how Lucena began:
- Founded by renowned Machine Learning expert Tucker Balch, Ph.D, and serial technology entrepreneur Erez Katz in 2014.
- The two experts in their respective fields, met during an accelerator program Flashpoint. While working together, a mutual appreciation for each other’s talent was formed.
- Erez and Tucker decided to join forces, raise money, and embark on a journey to grow Lucena into a recognized leader in the financial community.
Lucena aims to bridge the gap between data and actionable insights
by providing our clients with validated data and strategies they can trust.
For Data Providers
- Accelerate your growth with an enhanced approach to data validation and insight discovery backed by AI.
- Generate interest and new product offerings from sentiment-based data feeds or model portfolios all suited for various investment sophistications and styles.
For Investment Professionals
- Unleash the power of predictive analytics and alternative data for investment decision making.
- Utilize our quantitative tools to improve the performance of your existing strategies, assist in validation of new strategies, maximize the consistency of returns, and minimize volatility.
Meet Lucena’s management team
Founder & CEO
Erez is the CEO and Co-Founder of Lucena Research. Erez was instrumental in architecting Lucena’s flagship platform QuantDesk®. Prior to Lucena, Erez was the founder of Objectware Inc, an enterprise cloud software company, which was sold in 2007 to Bridgeline Digital. Erez assumed Bridgeline’s Chief Operating Officer through 2011 and was instrumental in its growth and ultimately IPO on the Nasdaq stock exchange. …READ MORE
Del has worked as a Senior Advisor for McKinsey & Co for the past three years, serving as an expert consultant in support the growth strategies of Fortune 200 companies around the world. Earlier, he developed go-to-market programs for technology firms serving the travel industry. From 2001-2013 he served as the head of sales and marketing for IHG Americas. Prior to his time at IHG, Del was the founder and CEO of venture-backed startup, Nexchange Corporation.…READ MORE
Sig Mosley is the Managing Partner of Mosley Ventures. Sig is also a director of The Imlay Foundation, Inc. and serves as Vice Chairman of Imlay Investments, Inc. Mr. Mosley is also a director of GATV, the CEO Council and TAG. He also serves on the investment committee of Gray Ghost DOEN Social Ventures Cooper and on the GRA Venture Fund Board. Mr. Mosley is managing member of Flashpoint Investors, LLC. Sig was inducted into the Georgia Technology Hall of Fame in 2007 and has received many awards including the Lifetime Achievement award from TiE in 2011..READ MORE
Bruce Fike serves as a crucial advisor and board member for Lucena Research. Bruce lends his expertise to multiple profit and non profit companies in Atlanta such as: IHG, Mather Economics, The Center for Puppetry Arts and the Georgia Land Conservancy. Prior to joining Lucena Research, Bruce served as an officer with The J. M. Smucker Company and President at Barton Protective Services. He has international experience in the UK and Pacific Rim that includes Singapore, Tokyo and Osaka…READ MORE
Tim has worked in high tech for over 25 years with long stints at IBM, Trilogy Software, CalidusCloud (now SAP, and Greenplum/Pivotal (now VMware). He’s currently the Head of Sales for the Americas for VMWare’s Tanzu Data and Data Analytics portfolio. Tim advises to numerous tech start-ups in the Atlanta area and proudly serves on the Lucena Research Board. …READ MORE
Meet Lucena’s diverse and talented team
Seeking to make