On Thursday March 14th, 2019 Lucena co-hosted a panel discussion with data provider Wall Street Horizon.
A diverse group of asset managers and data providers joined us for a cocktail reception and panel discussion concluded with a Q&A session.
The panel discussion consisted of industry experts who discussed finding tradable signals in alternative data as well as overall trends in the data landscape.
Moderated by Rich Carbone, VP Data Strategy, Jefferies LLC
Olga Kokareva, Head of Data Sourcing and Strategy, Quantstellation,
Erez Katz, CEO and Co-Founder, Lucena Research
Barry L. Star, CEO and Founder, Wall Street Horizon
Jeff Ferro, Portfolio Manager
- The panelists shared personal experiences in the context of applying alt data to investment.
- The state of alternative data within various consumer types in finance and the categorization of alt data.
- Skepticism, setting expectations, pitfalls, and best practices.
- Modeling alternative data to support both fundamental and quantitative research
- Protecting data potency in the face of overcrowding
Whether you are on the buy or sell side, you must know that the alternative data revolution is in full swing and this video could turn useful for you. Enjoy!
Additional Alt Data for Investment Resources:
In the news: Lucena Research and Wall Street Horizon announce Pre-Earnings Alt Data for Stock Forecasting.
In the news: Markets Media "Deadline Looms for Alt Data Skeptics"
Brochure: How to find short only signals with Wall Street Horizon's data.